We are obsessed with "Deliverability."
It is harder and harder to get your message into your intended recipient's Inbox.
There are many techniques that can increase penentration. We are constantly exploring new methods of making sure your e-mail reaches your intended recipient.
There are no guarantees these days, however. Spam filters are becoming increasingly complex in order to keep up with actual spammers who change their tactics often and effectively.
Unfortunately, being "one of the good guys" doesn't always get you ahead in this arena. The most important thing is to keep moving forward and pay attention to the really important things like:
- Fixed IP address
- Authentication like DKIM/Domain Keys, Sender ID and SPF
- Relevant content that provides value to your recipients
- Opt-in or confirmed opt-in e-mail lists
- Respect for your recipients: if they ask to be removed from your list, do so immediately and courteously
- Clean, W3C validated HTML code
- Testing, testing, testing